guix-devel

Re: Programs like pcmanfm, evince, ... don't connect to dbus unless run

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: Programs like pcmanfm, evince, ... don't connect to dbus unless run with dbus-launch
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 19:40:42 +0000

Hi Brendan,

I can definitely confirm this, as I have been dealing with this on and
off for a couple of years now due to the window managers I use.

Would you like to file a bug on this or check if there are / have been
bugreports about this before?  I'm not sure what the best way to
proceed could be, nor do I want to decide on this.

For your new errors, do the files exist which are mentioned?
Depending on your window manager it might be too minimal and require
additional packages as user or system installed.

Brendan Tildesley transcribed 1.9K bytes: