guix-devel

Re: packaging Bootstrap for Cuirass' web interface

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: packaging Bootstrap for Cuirass' web interface
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:03:40 +0200

Clément Lassieur <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. júl. 23., H, 9:48):
Hello!

We are going to embed Bootstrap files to our Cuirass service.  Wouldn't
it be better to package Bootstrap and get the service to use the package
directly?  I think it would make maintenance easier, and I'm unsure it's
good to have huge files on which we don't have control in our Cuirass
git repository.  WDYT?

I think this is a good idea. However, I think we can go on as is for now, and refactor later. I don't know how much effort
would this involve. Having a minimal subset of Bootstrap that is currently needed for Cuirass can be done easily I guess, but that is not usually we package things.
Packaging Bootstrap with all the bells and whistles seems like a big effort. WDYT? We could also make this minimal package not publicly visible, if we go this way.

Clément