guix-devel

Re: New ‘guix pull’ - guile-sqlite3 problem

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: New ‘guix pull’ - guile-sqlite3 problem
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 22:32:25 -0700

Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> writes:

> So I updated guix pull multiple times :) and both daemon and client
> are at
>
>   guix (GNU Guix) ecba50bb79a49b317c4b1e718f4732b36438227f
>
> Now I am creating an environment to build the source tree with
>
>   env -i /bin/bash --login --noprofile --norc
>   guix environment guix --ad-hoc help2man git strace \
>     pkg-config less vim binutils coreutils grep guile guile-git guile-json
> gcc po4a guile-sqlite3

Weird.  Did you try just "guix environment guix"?  That usually works
for me, and it should pull in all the dependencies required to build
Guix from a Git checkout.  It's strange, though, that guile-sqlite3 is
supposedly missing, since you did include it in the --ad-hoc list.

In that environment, when you start a Guile REPL, can you successfully
load the module with (use-modules (sqlite3))?

> Then I run the full monty after a git pull guix master:
>
>       gcc --version
>       guile --version
>       rm -rf autom4te.cache/ # to be sure
>       make clean
>       ./bootstrap
>       ./configure --localstatedir=/var
>       make clean    # to be really sure
>       make clean-go # to be even surer
>       time make

I'm not sure this will actually clean everything.  To actually clean
everything, "git clone" a new repository as a test.  Or, try this
(warning: this will remove ALL untracked files and undo ALL changes):

    make distclean
    git clean -dfx
    git reset --hard

The only other thing I can think to clean is your Guile ccache (although
I don't think it's likely the cause of the problem), which I believe you
can safely do with the following command:

    rm -rf ~/.cache/guile/ccache

Hope that helps!

--
Chris