guix-devel

Re: my latest blog post

From: Fis Trivial
Subject: Re: my latest blog post
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 13:51:23 +0000

> Fis claimed that the error messages that Guile provides them with don't
> include indications about in which file the error occurred
>
> So he's using Chez scheme instead of Guile, if I remember correctly
>
> I take from this that the Chez scheme error mesages are better.

Actually, I tried a few options. The best one is chicken scheme, which
has an option "-analyze-only", used together with geiser, Flycheck can
provide various form of checking in Emacs. But chicken compiles scheme
into c code which brought some other problems into scope. Flycheck has a
similar checker for racket too, but doesn't work quite correctly on my
platform and racket has deviated too much from standard scheme
language, I want my code could be ported to guile later easily. So I chose
chez scheme to get started, which has default setting for portable
scheme and gives informative error messages on command line.