guix-devel

Re: Fwd: Re: Patch file for colorize module

From: Sahitihi
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Patch file for colorize module
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 19:48:42 +0530

Hi Ricardo,

I have worked with different possibilities
Now all you need to do is work on the “handle-string” procedure.

I suggest using simpler matching procedures at first.  To get started
try “string-prefix?” and use it with the string “starting phase”.  This
won’t work with regular expressions, though.
String-prefix resulted a boolean output so, I thought of using conditionals.
Following is the line I added to  “handle-string” procedure

(if (string-prefix? "starting phase" str) (colorized-display str '(GREEN)) (display str target-port) ))

While you *can* use “regexp-substitute/global”, I don’t think it’s a
good fit here, because we may want to extend the string matching
features, which is difficult to do with “regexp-substitute/global”.
Instead, try to match regular expressions one by one with “string-match”
and then operate on the match structure it returns.  If it returns #f
you can move on to the next _expression_.  If none match you just return
the original string.  If one matches you *rebuild* the string, but with
colours applied.

Do I need to write multiple definitions for each _expression_?
'("^starting phase.*"
    "^phase .* succeeded.*"
    "^phase .* failed.*")
If you don’t understand this example please look up the procedures in
the Guile manual.

I dint find this example in procedures, may I overlooked somewhere I recheck it.

Thanks!
Sahithi