guix-devel

Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 21:30:10 +0200

Hi all,

Thank you for your help and the provided resources which are very useful for me at the first stage of the project.

I have built Cuirass on my local computer but I have encountered a few problems while doing it. It turned out that I had an old version of guile-sqlite3 installed by guix. I have spent some time discovering this issue. Eventually, I've found that all I had to do is to update guix packages list invoking "guix pull" and then update the packages.

Unfortunately, I have no experience of IRC usage and I'm not sure how to do in a proper way. Of course, I would like to communicate with the community, but I'm not sure which discussions are relevant in the IRC. For instance, could I ask questions on building issues similar to ones I've encountered?

I have taken a look at Danny's Cuirass frontend application. Now I try to run it locally. I have already figured out that I need to change URLPREFIX and name of the repository and the branch in the code. But I still can't get it working. According to the browser console, all the queries to localhost sent by js receive following error:

"No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access."

But similar queries work well if I enter them manually via the browser or curl. Could you give me any hints on that?

Hello Tatiana,

by any chance do you run this code through a file:///... url? Origin null usually means that. If so, it would be better to test in a locally installed webserver.

Best regards,
Tatiana

Hi Tatiana,

we haven’t heard from you since about a week, nor have I seen you on
IRC.  (Granted, I was offline for some time, so I probably just missed
your introduction.)

The official so-called “community bonding period” of GSoC is soon coming
to an end, and it would be advisable to use the remaining time before
coding begins for some community bonding :)

I’d like to repeat that frequent communication is the key to a
successful GSoC project.  If you have any questions about the project,
the code, or how to proceed, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Thanks!

--
Ricardo