guix-devel

Re: a GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH / modules puzzle

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: a GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH / modules puzzle
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 15:43:20 +0200

Nils Gillmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Here's what's happening now:
>
> I took my perl module which is in "pkgs/lang-perl/perl.scm", which contains
> our basic perl packages,
> and moved ( + renamed ) them into (core lang-perl perl) in a new directory.
>
> If I run GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH="/home/user/src/core" package -s mc I get results
> for query "mc".
> When I run GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH="/home/user/src/core" package --show=perl I get
> the same message
> as initially pointed out in the opening post.

I don’t understand what the problem is.  Your description isn’t very
clear.  If you cannot post a minimal example it is virtually impossible
for us to help.

I’d also like to suggest asking questions on guile-user when you have
questions about Guile.

If you have a file “core/lang-perl/perl.scm” and the module is called
“(core lang-perl perl)” then you should not have “core” itself on
GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH but its parent directory.

--
Ricardo