guix-devel

Re: Have GPGPU support in guix?

From: Tobias Platen
Subject: Re: Have GPGPU support in guix?
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 20:04:04 +0200

On 25.04.2018 19:17, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

Hi,

I tried to use guix to manage many of my softwares on my system, but
some dependencies are missing which is blocking a full transition to
Guix based system and development environment. Most notably is GPU
computing support.

My daily routine is doing machine learning, which requires GPU for
computing nowadays.

I’m currently working on packaging Tensorflow (without GPU support).  I
don’t know if Tensorflow with GPU support will work with OpenCL.
I don't think that any modern GPU will be supported without non-free software. Many of them require blobs for power management and instruction scheduling.

Tobias Platen

--
Ricardo