guix-devel

Re: Preferred blog format - Markdown or SXML?

From: Adam Massmann
Subject: Re: Preferred blog format - Markdown or SXML?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 10:22:39 -0400

Hi,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> What about Org-mode?
> Rationale:
>
>       http://karl-voit.at/2017/09/23/orgmode-as-markup-only

The website uses the haunt [1] static site generator which
does not currently support direct reading of org files. However, you
could easily export an org file to one of the supported formats (like
html).

To my knowledge, the supported reader formats are: html, sxml, texinfo,
skribe and commonmark (See "Programming Interface/Readers" in Haunt's
documentation). The readers are defined in the site's haunt.scm
file (in this case guix-artwork/website/haunt.scm). Currently sxml,
html, and commonmark are defined in that file, so you could write a blog
post in any of those formats (e.g. use whatever you prefer) and it will
just work with the site generator. If you want to use texinfo or
skribe you would just need to alter haunt.scm accordingly.

However, even though Haunt handles multiple post formats, it's
possible that the Guix project has a preferred format, so please let me know if
that is the case.

Best,
Adam

Footnotes: