guix-devel

Re: Looking for Thunderbird/Icedove

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: Looking for Thunderbird/Icedove
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 20:02:23 +0000

Mark H Weaver transcribed 751 bytes:
> Nils Gillmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Mark H Weaver transcribed 1.3K bytes:
> >> Did someone tell you that you shouldn't post a preliminary
> >> Thunderbird/Icedove package definition to this mailing list?
> >
> > No. It just exists in a branch in an (experimental, fluid) repository where
> > other nonfree software (partially as a base for other builds to be
> > upstreamed)
> > is located in, which is why I mentioned "policy reasons". If that's an
> > exception
> > I could link to the cgit, I'll do it of course.
>
> Please do *not* link to that repo here.
>
> > If the repo is not okay, I can send a mbox formated patch.
>
> If you can isolate your preliminary Thunderbird/Icedove work from other
> nonfree software, then please do send the patch here.
>
>      Thanks!
>        Mark

The patches would apply nowhere then, I'm sending a tarball of the work.
You can ignore the AGPL3 header, it's my default and for what I upstream
I relicense.

This is Thunderbird 52.6.0, I fear that version newer than 54.x will have the
same problem I'm debugging in newer Firefox now with mandatory rust.

Headsup: The package is wip'ish and generally very ugly in code.