guix-devel

Re: [orchestration] AWS public cloud images

From: Mark Meyer
Subject: Re: [orchestration] AWS public cloud images
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 23:47:37 +0200

What does composable mean? Let's assume we build three options into Guix :1)
use the AWS mechanism to distribute public keys, 2) use some centralized
authentication system like LDAP, 3) pre-bake your keys into the image. I think
giving the uset a choice how to maintain their systems leads to reuse and
ultimately to better infrastructure. You're not constantly re-inventing the
wheel, because there are already pre-baked recipes that enable your use-case.
And Guix enables this method of working, because the entire system lives in one
repo, easily configurable from a single config file.

--
  Mark Meyer
  address@hidden