guix-devel

Re: Shepherd release!

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Shepherd release!
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:55:46 +0100

Hello!

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 01:44:37PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> For the record, it can be tested on GuixSD by running “make dist” in the
> Shepherd and then applying a patch like this in Guix:

I am already failing in getting the shepherd configured. On a fresh git
checkout, I do
   autoreconf -vfi
and obtain the following:

autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
aclocal: warning: couldn't open directory 'm4': No such file or directory
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: AM_GNU_GETTEXT is used, but not AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running:
/gnu/store/lpic7aaifz4v2ih54sqgwn82p13zrjrh-autoconf-2.69/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Autoheader
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
configure.ac:17: error: required file 'build-aux/config.rpath' not found
configure.ac:17: error: required file './ABOUT-NLS' not found
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

This happens with the most recent automake-1.16.1 from Guix, but also with
the previously installed 1.15.1.

To test my luck, I did a "touch" on these two files; then ./configure fails
with the following:

checking <sys/prctl.h> constants... done
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `po/Makefile.in.in'

Did I forget to execute anything else?

Andreas