guix-devel

Statistics and --rounds

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Statistics and --rounds
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 14:17:21 +0100

I will write here a short notice of the statistical implications of building software multiple times in general. I hope you will find this information useful.

Hypothesis: the probability of successfully building the software is greater than or equal to p.

This hypothesis can be accepted with a confidence level c=1-p^(k+1), where k is the number of rounds the software was built, and all the builds were succcesful.