guix-devel

Re: rust build system, building libc crate

From: ng0
Subject: Re: rust build system, building libc crate
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 22:35:20 +0000

Now I'm going to sleep on this:

    ;; Rust doesn't have a stable ABI yet. Because of this
    ;; Cargo doesn't have a search path for binaries yet.
    ;; Until this changes we are working around this by
    ;; distributing crates as source and replacing
    ;; references in Cargo.toml with store paths.
    (copy-recursively "src" (string-append rsrc "/src"))
    (touch (string-append rsrc "/.cargo-ok"))
    (generate-checksums rsrc src)
    (install-file "Cargo.toml" rsrc)
    ;; When the package includes executables we install
    ;; it using cargo install. This fails when the crate
    ;; doesn't contain an executable.
    (if (file-exists? "Cargo.lock")
        (zero? (system* "cargo" "install" "--root" out))
        (begin
          (mkdir out)
          #t))))

... and look into libc after the 8th again.
Maybe someone of you has an epiphany on the libc crate until
then.
--
ng0 :: https://ea.n0.is
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 :: https://ea.n0.is/keys/