guix-devel

Include Proot-static with binary releases

From: YOANN P
Subject: Include Proot-static with binary releases
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 21:52:39 +0000

Hi Guix Team,

Is there any plan to include "proot-static" with Guix Binary releases ?

My request is motivated by the fact i'm looking for a way to use/install Guix only with the bin release on a non-privileged environnement (HPC, non root user) without the need to use guix pack on another computer to create a "pack" only for this package for every architecture i would like to install Guix on.

This way, if namespaces are not available, we could use Guix with Proot without any more efforts.

Best regards,