guix-devel

Re: website: showcase or list videos and slides, sources of all talks

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: website: showcase or list videos and slides, sources of all talks
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 16:41:24 +0100

Hello,

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> skribis:

> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
>> Our website currently shows no videos at all.
>
> I thought you were mistaken about this, because there definitely was a
> list of papers and talks (videos and slides) on our website, but now I
> can't find it.  I guess it may have been lost in the recent website
> update.  We should restore that section.

It should be here:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/tags/talks/
  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/tags/papers/

>> Same goes for the videos. We should actively selfhost (or move content
>> (videos)) to GNU servers) content that is currently located elsewhere.
>
> Many (most?) of the videos linked from our old website were on
> audio-video.gnu.org.

Yes, and that’s really nice.  The only downside is that we’re lacking a
number of videos of conferences that put them on YouTube, and which we’d
have to youtube-dl and upload to audio-video.gnu.org (among the recent
talks: freenode #live, GPCE, RSE, BOB, etc.).

It would be great if a couple of people could share the duty of Video
Masters to do that.

Mark, you’re already a member of
<https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/audio-video>.  ng0, would you like to
join and give a hand?  Anyone else?