guix-devel

Re: gcc-ddc

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: gcc-ddc
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 08:14:35 +0100

Hi Gábor,

> I'm using the getenv approach Ricardo suggested. I've not written a wrapper
> yet, the environment variables are set from the build.

Maybe that’s sufficient already.  Since the result of this package is
not going to be used as an input to build software it may not actually
need a wrapper.

Instead we can just set the variables in a build phase.

> I'd like some help with choosing appropriate names for these environment
> variables.

I would prefix all of the environment variables with “GUIX_GCC_” just to
avoid conflicts with other legitimate environment variables.  Other than
that the names are fine.

Thanks for investigating this.  I’m impressed with your level of success!

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net