guix-devel

Re: Let’s meet before FOSDEM!

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Let’s meet before FOSDEM!
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:23:08 +0200

On Tue, Nov 07, 2017 at 02:39:53PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello Guix!
>
> Since we didn’t get a devroom this time in spite of the efforts of
> Manolis and Pjotr, what about holding a Guix meeting let’s say on Friday
> before FOSDEM (Feb. 2nd, in Brussels)?
>
> We could meet for the whole day, in a place that remains to be defined,
> to discuss about all things Guix{,SD}.  The event could be a mixture of
> short talks on specific topics, discussions on technical and less
> technical topics (multiple bootloader support & GuixSD on ARM, making
> ‘guix pull’ great again, Cuirass, reaching out to more
> users/contributors, Guix & HPC, improving our infrastructure and
> organization, etc.), and possibly hacking sessions.
>
> Who would be willing to join?  (You can reply privately if you prefer.)
>
> Based on the show of hands, we’ll arrange for a venue of the appropriate
> size.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ludo’.

I should be able to make it again this year. Assuming I'm taking the
same flight as last time I'll be in Brussels by about 5am. I'm not
suggesting that we start that early, but depending on what everyone else
is doing we could aim to have the talks/presentations when we have the
most number of people and then have time before and after for hacking.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר