guix-devel

Re: Building things other than Guix with Cuirass

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Building things other than Guix with Cuirass
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 08:20:18 +0200

Christopher Baines writes:

> Providing these packages sit within the Guix repository,

...and if they don't you can set

    (#:load-path . "/your/packages/directory")

(It says path, but means directory I think).

> I think there are configuration examples for building a subset of
> packages already (e.g. I think this is what the hello related examples
> do).

I have just[0] added, next to the hardcoded "hello", the option to build
a list of packakges, to be used like so

    (#:arguments (subset . ("hello" "sed" "grep")))

Does that help?
Greetings,
janneke

[0]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-cuirass.git/commit/?id=bbab646926714ad6cdaac3e4578a14b408b65a84
    A similar patch is waiting for guix proper.

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ® http://AvatarAcademy.com