guix-devel

How to package gnucash-docs

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: How to package gnucash-docs
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 03:42:19 -0700

Hi,

I've noticed that the "help document" for GnuCash doesn't show up in
Yelp on GNOME.  Apparently, this is because most (if not all) of the
GnuCash documentation is packaged separately in gnucash-docs, which
hasn't been added to Guix yet.  I've added it successfully (see attached
patch), but I'm looking for guidance on how to make the following
improvements.

First, "make check" fails because xmllint tries to look up a DTD on the
Internet when validating the XML for dozens of documents.  This isn't a
huge problem because I can simply skip the tests.  I've manually
verified that at least some of the documentation shows up correctly (in
multiple languages, even!) in Yelp on GNOME, which is better than no
documentation at all.  However, it'd be nice if I could make the tests
pass.  Is there any trick for making xmllint work in a sandboxed build?

Second, I'm not sure if gnucash-docs should exist as a separate package
in Guix.  I feel like it would be nicer if I could just add this as a
"doc" output of the gnucash package.  How can I accomplish that?

Thank you for your help!

--
Chris