guix-devel

Re: ‘core-updates’ is back!

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: ‘core-updates’ is back!
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:30:16 +0300

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 11:44:53AM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 12:01:40AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > Hello Guix!
> >
> > Yup, I just created a new ‘core-updates’ branch by pushing
> > <https://bugs.gnu.org/27849>.  Enjoy!
> >
> > Let’s freeze in one month, say Oct. 1st?
> >
> > Ludo’.
> >

> Lets also have a reminder about a week before to make sure we get things
> like tzdata.
>
> I'm currently test building address@hidden I tried a blind update of
> glibc, binutils, texinfo and grep but it failed during building a gcc,
> so now i'm breaking it into smaller chunks.

It looks like address@hidden is coming mid-September¹ so I'm not
touching binutils for now. I'm not sure why updating glibc is causing
gcc to fail to build.

Also, in gnu/packages/commencement, should we change package/inherit
back to 'package (inherit...'?

¹ https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2017-08/msg00176.html

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר