guix-devel

Re: Guix locales on native distro's

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Guix locales on native distro's
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 13:57:47 +0200

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 11:56:37AM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> glibc 2.22 and 2.23 from guix or from the host/foreign distro?

Guix glibc.

> guix has been at 2.25 for a while now, could you test if you still
> have the issues with it more up to date?

2.25 is giving the problems. Not the older versions (older laptop).

I'll play around with versions. Could it be X? It makes no intuitive
sense to me. X only does pixel-based rendering, right? I would think that bash
matters when it comes to terminal support. Or is it uxterm/xterm only
that handles locale rendering?

Pj.