guix-devel

Configure option for Gnuastro

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: Configure option for Gnuastro
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 11:43:27 +0200

Dear Guix developers,

As the maintainer of GNU Astronomy Utilities (Gnuastro), I am really grateful for your attempts in preparing Gnuastro in Guix and keeping it up to date very so soon after each release.

The Gnuastro 0.3 version that was released recently has a new configure time option that can be very useful for users, but is not enabled by default: `--enable-bin-op-alltypes' (because it increases compilation time for users building from the tarball when optimizations are enabled), it is discussed here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Gnuastro-configure-options.html

I wanted to see if you could kindly add this option to Gnuastro's build script in Guix (for all builds after version 0.3)?

Thank you very much,
Mohammad