guix-devel

Trouble with DHCP and GuixSD in a VM

From: Peter Baumgarten
Subject: Trouble with DHCP and GuixSD in a VM
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 23:26:40 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am following along with the steps to get GuixSD installed in a VM here https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Installing-GuixSD-in-a-VM and I am stuck on getting the VM to have internet access. It is able to get an ip address but pinging gnu.org or google.com does not work. I am able to ping both from my host machine.

I run qemu with this command

qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 1024 -smp 1 -net user -net nic,model=virtio -boot menu=on -drive file=guixsd.img -drive format=raw,file=guixsd-usb-install-0.13.0.x86_64-linux

I am running
QEMU: 2.7.1
OS: Fedora 25
GuixSD: 0.13

Any help would be appreciated and let me know if more information is needed.