guix-devel

Re: What’s next?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: What’s next?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 07:57:41 -0700

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> So, I use and recommend `guix pull`!

I use it too.  Statements by others in this thread that "nobody" uses it
or that "everyone" is using Git are mistaken.

I use Git when I want to hack on Guix.  Otherwise, I use 'guix pull'.
IMO, the biggest problem with 'guix pull' is that there is no easy
rollback.  I can live with long execution times (--fallback is fine, but
it'd be nice if substitutes were available more often), and I can live
with 'guix pull' causing me to get a version of guix that's broken
somehow, but the inability to easily roll back when things go south
makes me hesitant to run 'guix pull' regularly.

--
Chris