guix-devel

guix pull timing out on low resource servers

From: ng0
Subject: guix pull timing out on low resource servers
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 10:12:01 +0000

Since the switch to Guile 2.2 and guix pull taking much more
computing time and resources, all my virtual hosting servers
time out when I run guix pull on them without using mosh
and just openssh, because the process just takes much too
long.

I doubt I'm the only one who experiences this, and just
increasing the server specs for this process is pointless
for what they run.
It's even worse than that, in the future there will be just
one DNS server running GuixSD, this requires minimal resources.
Should I just never update these devices or "just get a real
server"?