guix-devel

Re: Mes 0.5 released

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Mes 0.5 released
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 10:16:51 +0200

Arne Babenhauserheide writes:

> Wow! Congratulation on full bootstrapping of mes!

Thanks, Arne!

> So we can now build mes.c with mescc driven by Guile and then use mes to
> run mescc again to build mes.c?

Yes, that's correcct.  mes.c can be compiled with either gcc

    make out/mes

or with [32 bit] gcc -nostdinc -nostdlib

    make out/i686-unknown-linux-gnu-mes

or with guile

    guile/mescc.scm src/mes.c > out/mes.guile

or with mes

    scripts/mescc.mes src/mes.c > out/mes.mes

Now the route can go up (my first aim)

  - compile tcc, guile or gcc

or it can go down

  - add separate assembly step, assembly output
  - use stage0+ project, esp rewrite mes.c in stage2-LISP
  - use/work with epsilon?

or it can stay level

  - cleanup mescc
  - fix bugs