guix-devel

Re: Helping with Guix on Hurd: my notes

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Helping with Guix on Hurd: my notes
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 09:22:31 +0200

Maxim Cournoyer writes:

H! Maxim

> Thank you Jan for sharing these precious notes!

At FOSDEM'17, Manolis [cc] inspired me with his talk to have a look at
HURD and help.

Sadly, the above recipe is all the help I found to offer until now, but hey.

> I've saved your message; I had started looking into Hurd last year, but
> then turned my attention to Guix and have been (slowly) making myself at home
> here. I
> intend to restart investigating Hurd as things stabilize on the Guix
> side :). They are destined to work together anyway ;)

That's how I feel too.  Guix should make working together on a project
like Hurd a lot easier.

I'm sure the recipe has bitrotten a bit, esp. names of branches and
hashes; it would be great if you could try it and help keep it up to
date.

Greetings--janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl