guix-devel

Re: Idea: 'ethical hosting' [formerly mailman service (free for FOSS pro

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: Idea: 'ethical hosting' [formerly mailman service (free for FOSS projects)]
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:13:23 +0200

Am 18.04.2017 um 19:59 schrieb Pjotr Prins:
> there is actually a business case for something like ethical hosting.

I also see some demand for ethical hosting, esp. for collaboration
services like mailman, chat, file-share, a simple web-site, etc. I get
questions about this quite often. But most times the people are neither
capable to setup and maintain a server at all – or they don't want to
spend the money.

E.g. at 1blu.de you can get a vServer with Plesk admin interface for 8 €
per month. This includes KVM virtualization (or virtuozzo if you
prefer), a web-mailer, mailinglists via plesk (mailman in the
background) and a domain.

So I don't see a business case here :-(

--
+++hartmut

| Hartmut Goebel            |                       |
| address@hidden | www.goebel-consult.de |