guix-devel

‘core-updates’ schedule

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: ‘core-updates’ schedule
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 10:34:29 +0200

Hello Guix!

This ‘core-updates’ cycle was terribly long, so I suggest to write down
a schedule and then try hard to stick to it.  ;-)

What about this:

  • May 25th, ‘core-updates’ branch frozen (i.e., rebuild-the-world
    changes are no longer accepted);

  • June 15th, ‘core-updates’ merged in ‘master’ (i.e., most regressions
    compared to ‘master’ have been fixed).

How does that sound?

If anyone wants to make non-trivial changes in ‘core-updates’, let’s
make them as early as possible.

I for one would like to finally merge ‘wip-build-systems-gexp’ so I’ll
try to do that.  There’s also support for response files in
‘ld-wrapper’, but that is easier (see <https://bugs.gnu.org/25882>).

Last but not least: who wants to be the timekeeper?  The position mostly
consists in firmly reminding people of the schedule.  :-)

Ludo’.