guix-devel

Re: Mass-packaging of 300 KDE application prepared - Help required

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Mass-packaging of 300 KDE application prepared - Help required
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 15:21:41 +0100

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 03:13:25PM +0100, Ludovic Court??s wrote:
     Hi Hartmut,

     Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> skribis:

     > as promised earlier, I prepared a repository inclusing patches for more
     > than 300 KDE packages. I will not have time to work on them, though.
     > Others will need to implement the packages based on this preperations.

     [...]

     > The repository can be found at
     > <https://gitlab.com/htgoebel/guix-kde-package>, detailed description on
     > how to work with it is available ins the README there. If you have any
     > enhancement requests, please let me know.

     Woow, impressive piece of work!

     Thomas Danckaert is visibly interested in KDE ;-), so either Thomas or
     others will cherry-pick from your repo.

I suggest that 300 packages is too much for one person to do.

So if there is going to be a joint effort at this I suggest that somehow we
decide in advance which packages are done by whom.

I'm not sure how best to divide them up, since the lower dependencies will have
to be done first.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3