guix-devel

Re: grammar usage

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: grammar usage
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 14:52:46 +0100

Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Lirzin <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> Thank you, Andy.  I agree with everything you wrote, in particular how
>> this relates to our goal of creating a welcoming environment, which is a
>> main task for maintainers.
>
> Could you tell us what this maintainer task consist of?

In a project like this, a large part of the maintainer’s time is spent
“dealing with people.”

When someone comes to us and puts energy into improving the project, we
maintainers want to welcome them and show our gratitude.  We also want
to make sure this space remains welcoming to anyone and that those
willing to help the project do not feel excluded.

HTH,
Ludo’.