guix-devel

Re: guix is the guildhall that we always wanted!

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: guix is the guildhall that we always wanted!
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 01:10:21 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu 16 Mar 2017 20:26, Amirouche Boubekki <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> So!  My proposal for this new "guildhall" would be:
>>>
>>>     1. a web service
>>>

>> What would be the cli interface associated with that web service?
>> Some thing like the following will do:
>>
>>   $ guildhall register
>
> So I think we could re-use the "guild" command; see the original
> "guildhall" on how this is done.  I dunno though, maybe that's not
> desireable.  If it's not, maybe guildhall isn't the right name?  I don't
> know.

I’d think

$ guild register # register with the guild

What I long wanted to do:

$ guild hall # show and change the defined package sources

Adding guild sub-commands within guildhall is pretty easy. See
https://github.com/ArneBab/guildhall/commit/3c9b78a91088cc66ecfc9ca7b62cf2a1d8f90781

I’d assume it’s similarly easy when starting fresh.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein