guix-devel

Re: Let’s freeze and build ‘core-updates’!

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Let’s freeze and build ‘core-updates’!
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 13:54:49 -0500

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 07:49:42PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:
> > Let's also decide what to do about GRUB. I updated it originally because
> > something (I forgot what) failed to build without a newer GRUB.
>
> I think you meant "flex" here.

Yup! :p

> According to https://github.com/westes/flex/issues/162 , this commit
> should fix the grub issue:
>
> https://github.com/westes/flex/commit/f5d87f1a26f4a5c3402497008ae10e9a1345d327

I was wary of cherry-picking this due to the flex maintainer's comment:

"f5d87f1

should bwhat you want, but there are a couple others that are
related/relevant."

https://github.com/westes/flex/issues/162#issuecomment-274608469

But we can try it out on core-updates and see how it goes. Will you try
making the patch?