guix-devel

updating many haskell packages

From: Troy Sankey
Subject: updating many haskell packages
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 00:23:23 -0500

I have a WIP branch which contains many haskell package updates and
additions, and makes haskell-build-system use the latest ghc (8.0.2).

https://github.com/pwnage101/guix/tree/add-gitit

It started as a small project to create a Gitit package (hence the name
of the branch), but blew up into something larger.  It's hard work, so I
just wanted to check in with you all to see if this seems like the right
direction.

As of this writing, I have over 66 packages updated, 16 added, and
various fixes on existing packages to get everything buildable against
address@hidden  I'm debating whether I should systematically update all the
haskell packages while I'm at it, or just make sure everything is
buildable under 8.0.2.  There are over 277 haskell packages in all.

I wonder how I should send these patches after I'm all done.  git
send-email?  That seems crazy.

Troy