guix-devel

Re: postorius, v2

From: ng0
Subject: Re: postorius, v2
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 01:28:01 +0000

On 17-02-02 21:28:29, ng0 wrote:

> Hartmut Goebel writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just found that I did not verify the inputs carefully enough. Sorry.
> > Here are my comments:
> >
> >   * python-defusedxml: okay
> >   * python-openid: okay
> >   * python-django-allauth:
> >       o openid, request-oauthlib requests ought to be propagated inputs
> >       o mock is native, okay, but only required for the python2 variant
> >       o Why is django a native input? See below for discussion
> >   * python-django-gravatar2, may be okay, see below for discussion.
> >   *  python-django-mailman3
> >       o All "inputs" except django need to be propagated inputs.
> >       o Regarding django: see below
> >   * * postorius: okay (this is an application, so no propagated inputs
> >     are required)
> >

> > And as we just learned about the licenses: python-django-mailman3 should
> > be gpl3+
> >

> > I'm unsure about the correct handling of django in django-XXX. Can we
> > find rules for this to make future packager's life easier?
> >
> > Should django be a "normal" input or a "native" one? What does this
> > depend on?
> >

> For now I will go with (input) and not (native-input). If that's
> not okay, we can still fix it afterwards?
> I will send the new patchseries tomorrow.
>
> Thanks!

I will send the rebased series tomorrow afternoon. I will not be in the
position to answer very much next week, so if no one else replies to the
django issue, you could decide on what's the best approach practically.
Changes to individual packages can still be applied afterwards.

--
ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/