guix-devel

GeoIP database redistribution?

From: ng0
Subject: GeoIP database redistribution?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 16:42:14 +0000

I want to slowly package OONI (https://ooni.torproject.org/).
One of its dependencies, txtorcon, requires python-geoip which
depends on geoip-c-api. I've got both covered, but both of them
want (either to download or to be present) for tests (a/the)
legacy database file of maxmind.

Question 1: Can we distribute the database in a source? I can't
access the homepage of maxmind for cloudflare reasons.

Question 2: If we can't distribute it, is it okay that I disabled the
tests and will leave it up to the user to run the `geoipupdate'
application, which I would need to package then.

Thanks!
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/