guix-devel

Re: Introduce packages/chess.el

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: Re: Introduce packages/chess.el
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 20:59:51 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Stefan Reichör <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Does someone provide feedback for this patch?
>> Is it useful or is increasing the number of .scm files a bad thing?
>
> We usually avoid moving around packages unless there’s a very good
> reason for it.  One of the disadvantages of moving package expressions
> is that it breaks existing manifest.
>
> Could your new chess-related packages be added to games.scm instead?

Thanks for your feedback.
I had serveral reasons why I started this way:
  * I guessed it would be easier to do a split before adding more packages
  * Classifying packages in .scm files makes them easier to find
  * And it would be a commitment from me to provide these packages

However - of course I have no problem in adding them to games.scm

Stefan.