guix-devel

fixing python-gpg package, need help

From: Troy Sankey
Subject: fixing python-gpg package, need help
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 16:09:17 -0500

I'm trying to fix the python-gpg package.  Latest build [0] was a
failure because gpgme.h claims gpgme was compiled with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS
= 64, implying the current build (python-gpg) doesn't define any
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS (it should also be set to 64, I think).

Relevant build log snippet:

---- cut here / start ----
swigging gpgme.i to gpgme_wrap.c
swig -python -py3 -builtin -threads -outdir gpg -o gpgme_wrap.c gpgme.i
gpgme.h:104: Error: CPP #error "GPGME was compiled with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS = 64,
please see the section "Largefile support (LFS)" in the GPGME
manual.". Use the -cpperraswarn option to continue swig processing.
error: command 'swig' failed with exit status 1
---- cut here / end ----

Attached is a patch which forces _FILE_OFFSET_BITS = 64 and
_LARGEFILE_SOURCE = 1, as per the gpgme documentation [1].  This fixes
the build on my laptop (i686), but I'm quite sure this is a bad hack.

Seeking help!

Troy

[0] http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1749143
[1]