guix-devel

Re: ‘guix copy’

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: ‘guix copy’
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 10:10:20 -0500

Hi Ludo,

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 12:40 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Guix!  :-)
>
> I’m pleased to announce the last(?) feature of the year: ‘guix copy’!
> It copies store items over SSH, pretty much like ‘guix offload’ already
> does; documentation below.
>
> Currently there’s no progress report and error reporting is suboptimal,
> but I find it useful already.
>
> Feedback welcome!

This is awesome!  I really wanted such a feature back when I was
poking around with a 'guix deploy' prototype.  Now I could use the
Scheme API to 'guix copy' to build an OS on my workstation, then ship
it to one or more remote machines and use guile-ssh to run the code to
instantiate it.  Exciting!

- Dave