guix-devel

Re: Emacs-Guix released outside from Guix

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: Emacs-Guix released outside from Guix
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 13:47:18 -0200

I suspect that he's more used to have "push" permissions to repositories
instead of submitting patches.

I, personally, like to work with patches because this allows me to
submit them directly to people involved in the project in cases the
project in question requires non-(free/libre) software (written in
JavaScript) in order to submit things (of course, I'm **not** talking
about Guix). Also, patch submissions don't require accounts in such
places as long as you have a way to contact at least one developer by
email.

Also, I also like patches because people can state their opinions about
what I do and even give me some improvement hints instead of having to
do various push requests in order to make such improvements.