guix-devel

Re: perl-digest-md5 , rev2

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: perl-digest-md5 , rev2
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 17:10:33 +0100

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

> Marius Bakke <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> rev2 for patch, moved to perl.scm
>>
>> Thanks, applied!
>>
>> I noticed the 'strip' phase was unable to strip MD5.so because of
>> permissions, so I added a phase to chmod it 755.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> The build is still not reproducible however, it seems the build time is
>> recorded in "perllocal.pod". This is not unique for this package and
>> should be fixed in perl-build-system.
>
> 1) Is there a bug for this filed? If not, can you open one?
>
> 2) And as one project I work in provides perl software, which might
> or might not stick around in the future, do you know how this
> (perl records build time) can be fixed for systems which are not
> Guix? Upstream, in perl? Are they aware of this and has this been
> un/succesfully be communicated before?

I actually started working on this. One workaround is to call `make
pure_inst_perl` per http://perldoc.perl.org/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.html .

Another approach is to simply delete it, as per the Arch perl packaging
guidelines: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Perl_Package_Guidelines

Expect a patch later today!