guix-devel

Re: using Cuirass to track a guix packages' git

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: using Cuirass to track a guix packages' git
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 21:05:05 +0200

Mathieu Lirzin writes:

>> Yes, I think I found this, I can see json in my browser window...but
>> that's not really a web view yet (no criticism, I'm just wondering...)
>
> Sorry I misread what you meant by web view.  I don't have much
> experience in Web programming, I guess an "easy" way (for a Scheme
> programmer at least) to achieve something quickly would be to generate
> static HTML from SXML and procedures that convert Cuirass data structures
> to SXML.

Hmm...interesting.  The json thing made me think we'd be interfacing
with some javascript stuff, to produce pages like

    http://hydra.gnu.org/queue
    http://hydra.gnu.org/status
    http://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/master#tabs-jobs

i.e., browsable status reports for `normal people'.

>>> WHAT NEEDS TO be done is to provide more JSON ressources (inspired by
>>> Hydra API) by translating request to SQL queries.  A command line
>>> interface would be a nice addition too.
>>
>> If this is inspired by Hydra does it mean you plan to somehow use (parts
>> of?) the Hydra web engine to present views using this json?
>
> The idea is to reuse Emacs Hydra interface in Guix if possible.  :)

Thanks...I need to look into that :-)

Greetings,
Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl