guix-devel

Re: Expat regression fix for master branch

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Expat regression fix for master branch
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 23:54:09 +0200

Hello,

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:

> This patch applies an upstream patch for a regression caused by the fix
> for CVE-2016-0718.
>
> Apparently, the bug only manifests when building with -DXML_UNICODE,
> which I don't think our package does.

I rebuilt it with --check and can confirm that XML_UNICODE is not
defined.

‘README’ mentions it:

If you are interested in building Expat to provide document
information in UTF-16 encoding rather than the default UTF-8, follow
these instructions (after having run "make distclean"):

        1. For UTF-16 output as unsigned short (and version/error
           strings as char), run:

               ./configure CPPFLAGS=-DXML_UNICODE

It’s enough to have the patch in ‘core-updates’ only, but I could go
either way.  WDYT?

Ludo’.