guix-devel

Re: Feedback, ideas, discussion: tracking patches, discussions, bugs.

From: Brendan Tildesley
Subject: Re: Feedback, ideas, discussion: tracking patches, discussions, bugs.
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 05:19:45 +1000

On 2016-09-04 02:55, David Craven wrote:
>> Today was pretty much an E-mail overload on the ML. In itself amazing :)
> I agree. If you aren't a full time guix developer it's hard to keep
> up. The only way I can keep up is by marking the emails I'm not
> interested in quickly as read =P Just reading all emails is a time
> commitment in itself...

I was going to post a patch over several files removing redundant
mkdir-p expressions,

but decided against it! If you run something like  `ack '\(install-file'
-B 7| ack  'mkdir-p' -A 7'

You can see them, since install-file already contains a mkdir-p. Also It
seems like

(let ((out  (assoc-ref outputs "out")))...) is set in almost every
package definition,

as if having some symbol for the outputs already might be more efficient??