guix-devel

Re: aseprite is now EULA licensed.

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: aseprite is now EULA licensed.
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 10:57:33 +0200

Hello,

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

> 2 days ago they changed from gpl-2 to eula. This could theoretically
> mean we can update to 1.1.7 and freeze it there (hoping that a
> compatible licensed fork appears or whatever will happen)?
>
> http://dev.aseprite.org/post/149797781837/new-source-code-license
> https://github.com/aseprite/aseprite/commit/5ecc356a41c8e29977f8608d8826489d24f5fa6c

I think the license change is a wrong way to solve the developer
problem.

Anyway, this raises an interesting question: would it make sense for
Guix to allow an optional `donate' keyword associated to a list of URLs
package definitions?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738