guix-devel

Flex security update: RCE in generated code (CVE-2016-6354)

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Flex security update: RCE in generated code (CVE-2016-6354)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 18:14:26 -0400

There is a buffer overflow and potential remote code execution
vulnerability in flex's *generated code* before flex version 2.6.1,
CVE-2016-6354:

http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2016/q3/163
https://www.debian.org/security/2016/dsa-3653
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2016-6354

Flex has moved to GitHub [0], and so the source code is served over
HTTPS.  Flex is a dependency of GnuTLS. This would create a cycle in our
package graph. This is a problem we need to solve.

In the meantime, I've cherry-picked the commit that contains the bug
fix, and we can provide it as a patch. Please see attached.

[0]
https://sourceforge.net/p/flex/mailman/message/34913710/