guix-devel

Re: Our git just broke

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Our git just broke
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:08:10 -0400

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 02:28:43PM +1000, Ben Woodcroft wrote:
>> On 14/08/16 03:28, Pjotr Prins wrote:
>> > Also gnutls does not pass it's tests on my system, nor does
>> > subversion.
>> Both gnutls and subversion are substituted for me on current master
>> (891284), indicating they built without issue OK on hydra. Does it still not
>> work for you?
>
> Regarding GnuTLS, I assume Pjotr is describing the failure of the
> "name-constraints" test [0].
>
> Unfortunately, GnuTLS used a certificate in one of their tests without
> taking care to handle its expiration date, so now the certificate has
> expired. It looks like a mistake. Other test certificates in their test
> suite are guarded against this, and they have committed a fix.

Yes.  Unfortunately we cannot fix this with a graft, because that does
not prevent the original build from being performed, and if that
original build consistently fails after a certain date, I don't see a
straightforward way to work around that.

While repopulating hydra's store after the failure of its RAID array,
I resorted to temporarily setting the system clock back on the mips64el
build machine to repeat that build.

It might be worth investigating the possibility of setting the system
clock to a deterministic value within build containers.

       Mark