guix-devel

Re: mingw guile.exe cross build patch series v9

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: mingw guile.exe cross build patch series v9
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 10:30:34 +0200

On Tue 09 Aug 2016 08:41, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> Finally I have the next iteration ready.  After adressing all comments on v8
> and rebasing, the patches only built on core-updates.  I spent a some time to
> find the problem with master and cherry-picking from core-updates before
> giving up.
>
> Now that core-updates has been merged the mingw cross patches build again.

All looks fine to me, though Alex's nits are good of course I'd be happy
to have this in Guix and then we work on it some more in place.  Note
that Guile 2.0 should now support `open-pipe' with MinGW and thus we
will need a static-bash at some point.  I don't think Guix has updated
to that Guile yet though, and probably we need to roll a new release
actually to fix a couple more MinGW things.

Andy