guix-devel

[patch] python-numpy, python-matplotlib and openblas update, python-cycl

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: [patch] python-numpy, python-matplotlib and openblas update, python-cycler added
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 15:22:25 +0200

Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> writes:

> Attached bumping of python-numpy, openblas and python-matplotlib. New
> package python-cycler.

[...]
> - matplotlib and ipython now have a circular dependency - so I removed
>   one and had to disable document generation for matplotlib

We value documentation and welcome efforts to provide/keep it.  An often
working workaround for circular dependencies is to use bootstrap
packages.  One example is the circular dependency between python-numpy
and python-matplotlib.  The former need the latter to build its
documentation, so we have an (unexported) python-numpy-bootstrap to work
around that.

Regards,
Fede